Friday, August 22, 2008

Reading is my passion!

If you set aside my passion for my family and my passion for writing, you have my passion for reading. I can’t remember how old I was when I discovered my passion for reading but it’s safe to say it was my first passion. I remember sneaking off with my mother’s romance novels and reading them. This was in the early 1970’s so they were mild. However, when my mother found out she wasn’t pleased. I’d have to say though that those early romance set me on the course I live today.

In my teens, I began reading Harlequin type books and then I discovered historicals. As long as it’s romance, I’ll read it. Although, these days I prefer paranormal and sci-fi erotic romance, I still read the occasional Harlequin.

My favorite author of all-times is Diana Palmer. I love her Long, Tall, Texan Series. I own almost all of her books and I often reread them.

Reading is my passion and it has gotten my through some rough times in my life. I can only hope that my stories have as profound affect on someone as books have had on my life.

Whatever passion inspires you enjoy it, live it.

Have a great weekend. I plan to enjoy a new book and a few old ones too.

No comments: