Friday, February 06, 2009

Out of my slump!

Between my surgery, complications, hormones & power outages it seems the fates have conspired against me in recent months. However, yesterday for the first time in several months, I submitted a manuscript to Ellora’s Cave and I almost have the sequel to it completed as well.

I’ve always heard of writer’s block but this is the first time I’ve experienced it for any length of time. It’s not something I want to experience again…ever. Although, I do realize I most likely will. Hopefully, I’ll have long stretches of productivity between the slumps.

In the past, if I wasn’t in the mood to write, I’d pick up a good book and read. That usually did the trick. Didn’t work this time though but I did get to read a few good books. I won’t complain about that.

During my slump, I started and stopped several manuscripts as I attempted to find inspiration. Now, I have seven partially completed manuscripts and my slump appears to be over. Keeping my fingers crossed.

So any writer’s block stories out there? How long did it last and what did you do to get the creative juices flowing again?

Have an awesome weekend!
Laura

No comments: