Thursday, March 27, 2008

TT # 36

This week I decided to list thirteen things that drive me crazy about doing my taxes.

1. Finding a new accountant. I had to get a new one this year and that’s never fun.
2. Going through the drawer full of receipts that I stuff in my file cabinet. This year I’m going for organization.
3. Trying to find receipts for things you know you purchased.
4. Adding up how much you actually spent on certain items. I’m never shopping again. LOL
5. Explaining to a new accountant exactly what I write. Accountants aren’t the most open minded.
6. Having to go to the accountant’s office several times because you keep forgetting things.
7. Going on the Internet and looking up tax deductions for writers. I can read for hours and still understand very little.
8. Being taxed double on my city taxes because I live and work in the city.
9. Paying someone to tell you that you owe money.
10. Seeing how much you actually owe.
11. Calling the IRS to ask a simple question and not understanding the answer. However, they promised to send you a booklet that will explain everything.
12. Receiving approximately 40 forms booklets and CD’s from the IRS that is supposed to make filing taxes easier. Now, I know why we pay so much.
13. Keeping records and logs. I’m not very organized but I promised to try harder this year.

At least, I’m done for another year.

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

3 comments:

Darla said...

I did our taxes and our daughter's yesterday. It took about an hour--mostly because I had to call her and get her bank info for direct-depositing her refund. Gotta love the internet. :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ugh. Taxes SO suck; I hear you. You'd like my accountant, though. He's always telling me to write the erotic stuff and make a bundle (okay, he's not TOTALLY savvy). And then he laughs gleefully; he's a gleeful sort of guy. And worth every penny we pay him, too!

Paige Tyler said...

Ugh! LOL!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/