Thursday, September 18, 2008

TT #53

Today’s TT was inspired by a three-day power outage. The remnants of Ike blew through Kentucky on Sunday causing massive power outages and much damage to trees and roofs.

What did I discover during my three-day blackout? What did I miss?

1. I am addicted to the Internet. I thought I’d go crazy.
2. Candlelight is only romantic for about an hour then it sucks.
3. It’s difficult to read by candlelight.
4. I would never make it as a writer if I had to use pen and paper.
5. It wasn’t extremely warm but I missed my AC and ceiling fans.
6. Moonlight is a wonderful thing.
7. A house without power is extremely quiet.
8. The power went out before the Nascar race last Sunday so I listened to it on the radio. I don’t like listening to sporting events.
9. When the power go out people quickly buy up all the ice. It took my husband hours to find ice. I have to have cold Mountain Dew.
10. My dh is addicted to TV and without it he gets nasty.
11. My daughter wanted to live at Panera Bread where there was a WiFi connection and a place to charge her cell. I am not fond of crowds and quickly checked my emails and left to her dismay.
12. When there is no light my body quickly decides it’s bedtime, even if it’s only 8:30pm.
13. Fast food is wonderful as a treat. Eating it two times a day for several days is nauseating.

Thankfully, my power came back yesterday afternoon and I feel human again.

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

5 comments:

Robin said...

We had some power failures after major flooding at my parents' home this summer, but thankfully none lasted longer than a few hours. I can't imagine going for days with no power.

Shelley Munro said...

Yikes, power failures are no fun at all. I did it hard a couple of months ago when our power went off for about five hours. I KNOW I wouldn't last two days because my hubby needs TV as well. It must be a male thing. I hope things are getting back to normal for you now. It was a very nasty storm.

Anonymous said...

I live in Florida and have gone through several outages due to storms. Going without internet raelly sucks, but no a/c here in Florida is just not survivable. I always find the nearest hotel with power and wifi and camp out there. LOL!

Lori said...

Wow...3 days without power? Yikes...Id go nuts and then got to a hotel;) Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

LA Day said...

Thanks everyone but really I guess we were lucky compared to those that live on the coast. After what we've gone through, I don't know how people in Florida, Louisianna, Texas and other coastal states do it. After one hurricane, I think I'd move inland.