Friday, November 14, 2008

Gift Ideas

It’s that time of year again; time to start the dreaded Christmas shopping. I don’t have a lot of people on my shopping list. A few years back, all the brothers and sisters stopped buying for each other. So, that leaves me shopping for my dh, my daughter, 2 teenage nieces and my mil. Sounds easy, right? Wrong!

My daughter is easy. I take her shopping and I buy her gift cards because I know nothing I buy will please her. My nieces get gift cards too (they are teenage girls) I’m not crazy enough to try to please them.

I’m not sure what to get the dh this year. We agreed not to spend a lot but that doesn’t make it easier.

Then we get to my mother-in-law. I always get her some Hadley Pottery; it’s a local pottery that we both love. I usually get her a book too. Not one of mine! Last year, I got her a book on Steve Irwin. She loved it. Any recommendations? She likes biographies, true-life books, war books, the sort of book I don’t read. LOL! She doesn’t read romances or erotic romances.

Any great present ideas appreciated.

No comments: