Thursday, May 08, 2008

TT #41

13 things about Atkins low-carb diet. I’m well into my second week on the diet. Below is a list of things about the diet and my experience with it.

1. I’ve lost ten pounds. It’s all water weight but ten pounds is ten pounds.

2. I had to give up Mountain Dew. Pout.

3. You aren’t supposed to have caffeine but I have one cup of half the caffeine coffee a day.

4. You have to eat too much meat.

5. I miss fruit. Inductions Stage (the first two weeks) doesn’t allow fruit.

6. I usually do the Induction Stage longer than two weeks. You lose the most weight in this stage.

7. I have done this diet before, several times. Sometimes, I’ve had great results, other times I didn’t last a week.

8. When you first start the diet, you have no energy.

9. It involves a lot of cooking, therefore a lot of cleaning up – Urgh!

10. You need to take vitamin supplements with this diet especially potassium.

11. My favorite treat is sugar free, black cherry Jello.

12. I’m trying to lose weight before my vacation at the end of June.

13. It’s not so hard to follow if you stay home but it’s difficult for me if we go out.



I’m off to make my breakfast. I miss just being able to grab a muffin and go. Sigh! Hopefully, the end result will be worth it.

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

7 comments:

Darla said...

Good luck! I'm working on losing some weight too, but this is just not for me--I already lack energy. So I'm pumping iron and eating lower-fat, higher-fiber food. Haven't lost any weight yet, but I fit into a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear for several months, so yay, anyway. :)

Paige Tyler said...

I'm not really into set diets like that, but I have heard of a lot of people who like Atkins.

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

LA Day said...

Hey Darla,
Good luck. I'm not thrilled with the diet either. After I lose some weight I intend to switch to a low fat and exercise regimen.

LA Day said...

Hi Paige,
My sister loves the Atkins diet but she's always been a big meat eater while I prefer fruits and veggies.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I do NOT have the discipline for Atkin's, so I'm admiring you greatly. Good luck with this!

pussreboots said...

Any diet where you have take supplements to make up what you're missing isn't healthy. Happy TT.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the diet. No caffeine *gasping* I'd fail on that count alone. Gotta have my caffeine fix!